Injectable dermal fillers at Skin Raleigh can provide facial volume in areas that benefit your overall appearance by creating more youthful contours and balancing out your features. Dermal fillers come in a variety of different types and can be used alone or in conjunction with other facial treatments. This noninvasive approach to maintaining a youthful look allows men and women alike to feel more confident about their appearances as they advance gracefully in age.
To learn more about the benefits of injectable fillers, please request a consultation today. Skin Raleigh offers a wide range of nonsurgical, medical-grade skincare treatments to help you enjoy a youthful look for longer.
Are Injectable Fillers Right for You?
Injectable fillers are designed to replace age-related volume loss, provide structure and support to underlying tissues, or add volume that enhances facial features. While the formulations may vary, each brand has its own advantages.
Skin Raleigh offers a number of injectable fillers so that everyone can find a suitable option to meet their unique needs:
- JUVÉDERM® XC is a smooth gel filler formulated with the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid and infused with lidocaine for added comfort. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that our body produces naturally, but diminishes with age. It has a tremendous ability to bind with water, thereby having a plumping effect to the skin. One treatment may last up to a year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® is the first and only FDA-approved filler that can instantly add volume to the cheek area. The added volume can provide a subtle lift and a more youthful profile for up to 2 years. This treatment can be performed for anyone age 21 and older.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® is the most recent addition to the JUVÉDERM family of products. VOLBELLA uses the advanced filler technology introduced with VOLUMA for lip augmentation, creating fuller, more defined contours for the lips while still looking natural. In addition to being used as lip injections, our Raleigh, NC skin specialists use VOLBELLA to smooth the fine lines around the mouth.
- Restylane® and Restylane® Lyft are hyaluronic acid-based fillers infused with lidocaine for added comfort. Restylane® Lyft consists of larger particles to treat deeper areas while Restylane® can be better suited for treating the lips.
- Restylane® Silk is a hyaluronic acid filler used primarily around the mouth and in the lips for fine lines. Restylane® Silk is the newest filler in the family of Restylane® products, and is formulated with lidocaine for added comfort during treatment.
- BELOTERO BALANCE® is a hyaluronic acid filler that provides more flexibility when treating superficial lines and can adapt within the skin for soft and even correction.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic works to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds. This filler replaces lost collagen to provide a more toned and youthful looking appearance. Most people who choose this option benefit from a few treatments spaced over a period of a few months for the best results. The benefits from this filler can last 2 years or more.
- RADIESSE® is a unique, calcium-based injectable made of microspheres suspended in a smooth gel matrix. The formula stimulates new collagen growth, rebuilding your skin’s foundation from the bottom up. The treatment is ideal for overall facial contouring and to treat areas with moderate to severe volume loss. The results from RADIESSE® are instantaneous and long lasting. One treatment may last up to a year or longer.
Choosing Qualified Injectors
For results that meet your cosmetic goals and look natural, it’s best to visit a med spa with experienced, highly trained injectors. At Skin Raleigh, our licensed medical aestheticians are directly supervised by board‐certified plastic surgeons, a combination that produces consistently excellent results. Their knowledge of facial anatomy enables them to target treatment areas with precision and skill.
Why Use Fillers?
Most people who choose to include injectable fillers in their skincare regimen do so to address one of the following concerns:
The most common types of acne scars that can be treated with injectable dermal fillers are boxcar scars, which have angled, well-defined edges, and rolling scars, which create wide, shallow indentations. The appearance of icepick scars, characterized by narrow pits in the skin, can also be improved with injectable fillers. Injectable fillers can diminish the appearance of acne scars by filling the depression caused by scarring.
Dark Circles/Bags under Eyes
Injectable fillers can minimize the appearance of under-eye bags by filling out volume in the surrounding area, creating a youthful-looking result. In addition to restoring lost volume, some dermal fillers actually encourage collagen production so that your skin naturally tightens, tones and fills out over time. By increasing plumpness in the upper face, dark circles and bags under the eyes can be eliminated, creating a refreshed look that flatters your natural features.
As our facial volume slowly diminishes with age, we can develop sagging skin folds and deep wrinkles. Injectable dermal fillers can provide relief from sagging skin by restoring lost facial volume, and diminish lines by plumping the skin for a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance.
Wrinkles on Lower Face
One of the most common solutions for deep wrinkles in the lower face, injectable dermal fillers can restore lost volume to create a lifted, more youthful appearance. Different dermal fillers can provide just the right plumping effect to minimize laugh lines or marionette lines, and treatments can be repeated every several months to maintain your results.
Dermal fillers can plump up thin lips to create a fuller look. Restylane® injections are comprised of hyaluronic acid and can enhance the lips to create a youthful and inviting appearance. BELOTERO BALANCE® is another injectable filler that is commonly applied to the area just above the lips where people frequently develop smoker’s lines. You may wish to combine different types of fillers to enhance your look in just the right way.
Your Recovery & Results
The noninvasive nature of injectable fillers means you can enjoy your results with virtually no downtime. Injectable fillers only take a few minutes to apply, so you can easily schedule your appointment during a break in your normal routine.
You may experience a small amount of redness or swelling in the treatment area following your dermal filler appointment, but this should fade within the first few days. Depending on the type of filler used, your results may be immediately noticeable or they may gradually develop.
Many men and women who use dermal fillers schedule regular appointments spaced several months apart to maintain their results. Fillers can also be supplemented with BOTOX® injections to treat crow’s feet and frown lines. With the right approach to your appearance concerns, fillers can provide a more harmonious look that flatters your features and showcases your natural beauty.
Skin Raleigh has helped clients from throughout North Carolina, including Durham and Chapel Hill, meet their cosmetic goals with nonsurgical treatment options from our med spa. If you’re ready to see the difference that our aesthetic team can make in your appearance, please request a consultation today.
- Beauty for Life
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Laser Hair Removal
- Double Chin Treatment
- Cellfina™ Cellulite Treatment
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Skin Care Products